[R6RS] New draft of arithmetic SRFI

Michael Sperber sperber
Sun Aug 14 03:56:12 EDT 2005

dyb at cs.indiana.edu writes:

> Okay, so you aren't going to make the change I suggested and make
> the fixnum operators signal an error instead of wrapping on overflow.

This wasn't meant to be any positive political statement---I'm
personally agnostic.  I'm sure that the issue will come up in the SRFI
discussion.  Given that we don't know the result, I was reluctant to
make a change we might reverse later on, purely for reasons of
laziness and lack of available time.

> Would you at least include an issue discussing this possibility,
> [...]

Absolutely.